New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 10 Power Errors - Help!

Hi guys. I ran an energy diagnostics via powercfg. I get the following errors. What can I do to fix these errors?

CPU Utilization:Processor utilization is high
    The average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.
    Average Utilization (%) 9.10

Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
    PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.

Device Drivers:
    Devices with missing or misconfigured drivers can increase power consumption.
    Device Name Microsoft PS/2 Mouse
    Device ID ACPI\PNP0F03\0
    Device Status 0x41802400
    Device Problem Code 0x18
    Last edited by xlook; 2016-11-05 at 00:57.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Your CPU runs at 9%, mine runs at >50% all the time because I have a program running that uses CPU.
    Fire up Task Manager - right click on the task bar - and then sort in CPU order by clicking on the heading. What process is using the most CPU?

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    A lot will depend on the CPU you have, type, speed, # of cores etc.

Judging by the PCI-E power management state, you probably have an older PC, yes?

I doubt whether the lack of mouse drivers would have much of an impact on the power draw. As it's an MS mouse, why is W10 complaining, how old is it?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    Your CPU runs at 9%, mine runs at >50% all the time because I have a program running that uses CPU.
    Fire up Task Manager - right click on the task bar - and then sort in CPU order by clicking on the heading. What process is using the most CPU?
    l
    Hi Paul. To answer your question, in task manager the CPU stays at around 1%. I've been monitoring the CPU all this week. It never goes above 2%. It mostly stays at 1%. So I dont know what to make of this.
    Last edited by xlook; 2016-11-05 at 12:52.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    A lot will depend on the CPU you have, type, speed, # of cores etc.

Judging by the PCI-E power management state, you probably have an older PC, yes?

I doubt whether the lack of mouse drivers would have much of an impact on the power draw. As it's an MS mouse, why is W10 complaining, how old is it?
    Hi satrow. And to answer your question, no I dont have an old PC. My desktop is new. I built it just 4 months ago.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Energy diagnostics is lying to you.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Okay, you just built it - what are the main specs?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay, you just built it - what are the main specs?
    Hi satrow.. Here are my specs:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/user/xlook/saved/#view=QsYV3C

--- EDIT ---
    I added another 8GB of ram so I got 16GB ram total, unlike the specs that says only 8GB. Just FYI. Also, my bluetoorh mouse lags every 10 minutes. Maybe this has something to do with the errors?
    Last edited by xlook; 2016-11-05 at 13:19.

Thanks
    The rig looks fine (Monitor could be higher res, PSU's overpowered for a single GPU ;D ), no hardware reason for anything like you describe, I suggest you consider a W10? OS refresh - and check for updated Bluetooth drivers, W10 had issues July > September because of an MS update, Intel released the new drivers (I think) some weeks ago.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The rig looks fine (Monitor could be higher res, PSU's overpowered for a single GPU ;D ), no hardware reason for anything like you describe, I suggest you consider a W10? OS refresh - and check for updated Bluetooth drivers, W10 had issues July > September because of an MS update, Intel released the new drivers (I think) some weeks ago.
    Hi satrow. My monitor is fine. No need to upgrade to higher res. I recently upgraded the Intel processor and BIOS.

Would a Win10 refresh wipe out my saved settings and files?