Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Nevada, USA
    Posts
    207
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    MDB Process Won't Terminate (Access 2000 SR1/Access 2002)

    I have an mdb file that "appears" to close properly but when I look
    at all active processes there is still a process remaining open for
    msaccess.exe. This happens with both Access 2000/2002 and Win 2K /
    Win ME. There is no ldb file remaining after the mdb file is closed.

    As a result of the process remaining open, I am unable to reopen the
    mdb file until I end the process.

    I'm reasonably certain that it is a result of some code I put in
    today but I have no clue where to start looking. It did not happen
    before I put the code in today.

    Does anyone have any thoughts on a possible cause/solution?

    TIA.
    Carol W.

  2. #2
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    Posts
    16,775
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: MDB Process Won't Terminate (Access 2000 SR1/Access 2002)

    There are a couple of things to look for. One is any object variables that are not properly destroyed. If you use Set, then make sure you have a matching line that sets the object = Nothing.

    Another is make sure you aren't using a construction like:

    If Me!CheckBox1 Then

    Even if the control is bound to a yes/no field, either use an explicit test (i.e., If Me!Checkbox1 = True Then) or put the control reference in parens to force an evaluation.
    Charlotte

  3. #3
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Nevada, USA
    Posts
    207
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: MDB Process Won't Terminate (Access 2000 SR1/Access 2002)

    Thank you for the reply.

    The problem turned out to be an improperly coded dlookup. Instead of coding the third parameter as a string of the form: "[Field Name] = " & var1, in haste I had simply coded var1. My dlookup looked like:

    x = dlookup("Field Name","Table Name",var1)

    instead of

    x =dlookup("Field Name","Table Name",string).

    The odd part of this whole thing is that the dlookup worked but left an open process in its wake! Live and learn!
    Carol W.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •