Results 1 to 8 of 8
2001-02-01, 15:55 #1EricaM73Guest
I have come across a problem with one of our users on his Win NT 4.0 workstation. A majority of his icons now have a picture of a drive and a disk on top of them. He has no idea how this happened. I have tried everything. If you create a new icon, it appears the same way. In the file types, it shows this icon means it is an exchange shortcut. TechNet has nothing... Need help with this one.
2001-02-01, 16:30 #2
Are we talking about desktop icons?
2001-02-01, 16:36 #3EricaM73Guest
Yes, the desktop icons.
2001-02-01, 16:47 #4
Next question: Are you using TweakUI?
(From Win200mag forum)
To ensure that the icons are displayed correctly, complete the following steps.
1. Uninstall TweakUI from the system (if installed).
2. Open Start Menu, Settings, Control Panel, then click the Display icon.
3. Select the Appearance tab.
4. Select the icon in the Item Box.
5. Increase the icon unit by 1.
6. Select Apply.
7. Decrease the icon unit by 1.
8. Select OK.
9. Delete the file %systemroot%ShellIconCache Note: This file has a hidden attribute.
10. Log off and log back on to see the correct icons
Also from Win200mag :
Try deleting %windir%ShellIconCache and restart. This applies to Win9x and Winnt.
2001-02-01, 16:49 #5EricaM73Guest
Thanks for the tip... I will check that out.
2001-02-01, 17:31 #6
2001-02-01, 18:39 #7EricaM73Guest
Unfortunately "Tweak UI" is not installed.
2001-02-02, 02:21 #8
- Join Date
- Jan 2001
- Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Delete the cache anyway and let it rebuild it.David Grugeon