iNET Interactive
    Thanks

A review of the Windows Event Viewer

Best Practices

A review of the Windows Event Viewer

By Tracey Capen

For many Windows 10 users, the relatively rapid changes to the OS have been a frustrating experience especially with the major upgrades such as the Anniversary Update. Fortunately Win10 has extensive administrative tools that are virtually unchanged from Win7 and Win8.1.

Some of these tools are too deep for the average Windows user. But others such as Event Viewer are both excellent and approachable. Here's a quick review of how to use the app.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/best-practices/a-review-of-the-windows-event-viewer/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

Thanks
    For years I have used a program called EventSentry Light to help manage the Windows event logs. The program is very complex but it can be used to automatically select event log records and send them to email. This works for me as I can see a problem when it first occurs and can sometimes find a solution. It eliminates me having to plow through the raw event logs.

You can get this free or the Pro version here:
    http://www.eventsentry.com/downloads/select-edition