3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Browser dpi problem (Opera)

Chromium/Blink-based Opera allows adjustment of text size via an add-on string to the startup file, e.g., --alt-high-dpi-setting=96. That addition to Properties > Shortcut > Target works fine when starting from the launcher.exe file or desktop icon, but has never taken from the taskbar icon, neither in Win 10 or earlier with Win 8/8.1. Presumably, the fix for the taskbar icon is adding the dpi addition to its entry in the registry, specifically to the launcher.exe file. Since there are a number of Opera launcher.exe listings, does anyone know what part of the registry I ought to work on, where the program is launched from? Thanks,

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't use the current version of Opera, so I won't be testing to see, but have you tried creating a new (shortcut) icon and placing it on the taskbar?
    Last edited by RockE; 2016-11-18 at 09:49.
    Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup...
    - - - - -
    Home Built System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X3 435 CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) motherboard, 512GB SanDisk SSD, 3 TB WD HDD, 1024MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 6450 video, ASUS VE278 (1920x1080) display, ATAPI iHAS224 Optical Drive, integrated Realtek High Definition Audio

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Many times over many versions, and posted it on the developers blog, but it never seems to hold for any length of time. I did it again with launcher.exe just now and will report back in a day or so.

JoeP (from Windows version of thread) - opera:config = Settings. Wasn't aware of the experimental page opera:flags. If there's something relevant there, I'm not recognizing the terminology. But let's wait and see what happens with launcher.exe.
    Last edited by highstream; 2016-11-18 at 11:14.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Update: So far launcher.exe taskbar icon holding dpi adjustment.

Just noticed another part of the problem: If browser is closed and I open a link from an email, it doesn't get the dpi adjustment. That registry? If so, where and what to look for?

Update: the location of the taskbar link is...
    C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar.

Location of link for email opening is in the registry:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Operabeta\shell\open\command
    Changed the value to "C:\Program Files\Opera beta\Launcher.exe" -alt-high-dpi-setting=96 -noautoupdate "%1"

If I were using the public release version, then I would have gone under \Opera.html instead of \Operabeta
    Last edited by highstream; 2016-11-19 at 17:22.