New Lounger
    Thanks

PDF to MS Word Conversion

Dear All !

i need to convert PDF file to word, i have already tried to convert online but not succeeded as converted file is only images in word file. please help

Thanks
    You may be able to convert it with good quality PDF compatible OCR software, such as FineReader, which can read the text in the graphical elements.
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    http://www.gmayor.com

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    If you have a recent version of Word (2013 or 2016) and the PDF file is mostly text, Word may be sufficient. See Why does my PDF look different in Word? for some explanation and limitations.
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by erfan View Post
    Dear All !

i need to convert PDF file to word, i have already tried to convert online but not succeeded as converted file is only images in word file. please help
    Graham's answer is the key. Some pdf's already contain text, others are images of text. Generally, those created from a document and saved as pdf will have text; those scanned in or from a picture will not. If you have OneNote, that has a pdf conversion that may be satisfactory for the files that are images rather than text.

Note that it is generally a bad idea to base a template for multiple new documents on a converted file. Such files will always contain formatting anomalies that will make future editing more painful and stressful.
    Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 2016-11-30 at 10:07.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    If you have a recent version of Word (2013 or 2016) and the PDF file is mostly text, Word may be sufficient.
    Yes, I've done a few of those recently with Word 2016, worked fine.
    Lugh.
    ~
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1607; Office 2016 (365 Home) x32; Win Defender, MBAM Pro

ASRock H97 Anniversary; Xeon E3-1231V3 (like i7)
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970; 12GB Crucial DDR3 1600
    Logitech MX Master mouse; Roccat Isku kb

Lounger
    Thanks
    If you have the full acrobat client you can do it. even images can be OCR'd under Acrobat's full package. But not with Acrobat Reader, I think.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I use AcrobatPro and it works fairly well in converting. Again, as RG said (and others), there are still possible odd-ball issues.

Thanks
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Charles Kenyon For This Useful Post:

Lugh (2016-12-02)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi erfan,

Not a free solution, but I've had a lot of success with a product by Wondershare called "Wondershare PDF Converter Pro"

Unfortunately, the version I own is no longer available but has been replaced by a product called PDFelement. A description taken directly from their website;

"Wondershare PDFelement is your best choice for converting from PDF to Word files. You can add a batch of files to convert them at a time. You can also customize the page range that you want to convert. In addition to Word, this PDF to Word Converter also helps you convert PDF to many other formats like Excel, PPT, Epub, Text, Image formats and more."

I prefer to use the Wondershare solution over two other products I have purchased and installed on the same machine because it quite simply, gives me better results. The other two products (both excellent) are "Adobe Acrobat X Pro" and "PDF-XChange Editor Pro" (This one I keep updating to new major versions as well as I personally prefer it over Adobe Acrobat X Pro) - both are excellent products (though a little pricey) that will also do what you want, but there's a few hoops to jump through in both to achieve the desired result when all you want to do is convert a PDF file to word.

The Wondershare product makes it oh so easy and quick, produces an excellent result and I frequently find myself using it.

You can learn more about and download a trial of the Wondershare PDFelement software using the following link;

https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdf-to-word/

Hope this helps you out.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no affiliation with Wondershare products whatsoever. I am just a happy user of some of their products.

Cheers..

Andy

Edit: Forgot to mention that I own a few other Wondershare products as well and on the odd occassion I've needed technical support, their replies are almost instant. In short, their support system is exceptional, even to just trial users.
    Last edited by Drewski; 2016-12-01 at 06:51. Reason: Forgot some information..

Lounger
    Thanks

Red face best by far

Check out "Able Word" which handles PDF's as well as being a nice little word processor. Simply load your PDF file and save it as a Word document. Can also edit the original PDF file. http://www.ableword.net/