Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook crashes after setting up share (2000 SR1-a)

I installed Outlook at home on Windows XP (Home edition) and all was well until I tried sharing my Outlook folders and calendar via email with the installation at work. I defined the share settings at work. Now my home installation of Outlook crashes with the message:

Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register. An error occurred while creating the file 'Cocuments and Settings....MicrosoftFORMSFRMCACHE.DAT' ina the form directory.

I ran Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll and it claimed to have been installed successfully but still crashed.

Martin

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook crashes after setting up share (2000 SR1-a)

A couple of things here. First you might want to reconsider using the shares (Netfolders). This was a great idea but got dropped in OLXP - partly because it was so buggy and hard to support.

FrmCache stores copies or definitions of forms. I think netfolders adds some items to this, but haven't confirmed this. You want to check the path and make sure you have rights there. For example, it may have been installed/created under a different log on than you are using when you start Outlook.

You might try renaming the file if it does exist and you have the rights. Outlook will recreate it when you start up.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook crashes after setting up share (2000 SR1-a)

I am working as the same user with administrator rights as at the time of installation. In fact, the FORMS folder mentioned was missing. I created it manually in the hope that the frmcache.dat would then be created but this was not the case. A search on the whole disk failed to show any frmcache.dat. I'm puzzled since netfolders are installed.