New Lounger
    Thanks

DVR tapes to flash, SD card or external harddrive to PC

Hello I not sure if this is the proper forum for this question so forgive me if it is not.

I have a DVR attached to 8 surveillance cameras they are using AVI format....or are they already in AVI and I need to make them into what? I am having problems with a neighbor and would really like to be able to show these certain sections to my Home Owners Association as proof of just what is happening. I can see the pictures captured but have been unable to retrieve in an appropriate format, be it flash drive, SD Card or external drive or to my computer. Preferably to my computer SD Card. Can someone help me with this problem. I don't know how to convert these files to the appropriate format.

I have Nero movie maker would that help?

Thanks for any help you can give me it would really be appreciated...........Glenda

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    We really need to know the make and model of the DVR to see what is possible - we would then look up the details on the manufacturers website.

cheers, Paul

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    What Paul T said. The only DVRs I've seen were using HDD/Hard Disk Drives for storing data and some did not provide a method of transferring to external drives. Our local Animal Shelter uses a 9-camera security monitor system that works the same, just stores internally.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If your system is the kind which allows access by way of your favorite browser, then you might use screen capture (Print Screen key, etc.) to make pictures of specific images of interest.
    Clone or Image often! Backup, backup, backup, backup...
    - - - - -
    Home Built System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X3 435 CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM, ASUSTeK M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) motherboard, 512GB SanDisk SSD, 3 TB WD HDD, 1024MB ATI AMD RADEON HD 6450 video, ASUS VE278 (1920x1080) display, ATAPI iHAS224 Optical Drive, integrated Realtek High Definition Audio