Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question "some settings are managed by your organization" blocks desktop notifications

I recently had to do a system restore because the system would not let me log in. In other words the system it totally clean. Now I don't receive desktop notifications for most system actions. On the Settings/System page when I click on "Notifications and Actions" the subject message pops up at the top of the screen (Some settings are managed by your organization). The first four selections beneath Notifications are all gray and do not function. The two settings dealing with the lock screen are locked in the On position by the system and the other two are locked in the Off position (see attached screenshot). This is the only place in any settings screen that suffers this screwball bug and I have searched for two days for a solution with no success. I have looked for a fix in the registry and in Group Policy and I've read tens of articles on Google. My system has every update Microsoft has offered, it's a Pro series installation, I'm the principal user and Administrator, it is a standalone system not on any Exchange server. I've checked the system files and I ran DISM and everything tests positive. The last thing I did was to download a big MS Dev. Network spreadsheet of all the registry and GP settings in the administrative template files but that has not helped either. One last thing, I do use BitDefender security. I even tried turning it off and that didn't have any effect..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    This can sometimes be triggered by choices in Feedback & diagnostics (Start > Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics) if you set Feedback frequency to Never and Diagnostic and usage data to Basic.

If yours are set this way, try changing both settings back to their defaults, i.e. Automatically (Recommended) and Full (Recommended) respectively then restart to see if the Some settings are managed by your organization message disappears.

Hope this helps...

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Corbett View Post
    This can sometimes be triggered by choices in Feedback & diagnostics (Start > Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics) if you set Feedback frequency to Never and Diagnostic and usage data to Basic.

If yours are set this way, try changing both settings back to their defaults, i.e. Automatically (Recommended) and Full (Recommended) respectively then restart to see if the Some settings are managed by your organization message disappears.

Hope this helps...
    Thanks for the reply Rick. Fortunately my settings are already set to those you suggested. I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone has the answer.

Thanks
    "some settings are managed by your organization"
    In my experience, that usually means that you don't have full Administrator privileges to change those settings.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can understand that reasoning but it's not the case with me. I have full privileges as administrator on the computer.

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimanco
    Whilst I agree, surely it shouldn't still be a bug more than 14 months since it was first reported?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimanco View Post
    Thanks for the reply but I have seen that in several articles. I tried that and seven or eight other "fixes" and none of them work. I'm beginning to think its some kind of malware that Microsoft will not acknowledge because it seems to keep changing form and is always one step ahead of the so called fixes. I have it with notifications, other people report it with different OS settings.