Lounger
    Thanks

How to disable lock screen in Win 10 AU

I tried many different search terms to find an answer to this, but no success. I searched the web and came up with this link:
    http://winaero.com/blog/disable-lock...-version-1607/

Just wondered if anyone has tried this method, and if so, was it successful? Would you advise using these instructions?

I am the ONLY person who uses this computer, and I really hate having to type in my password to get past the log in.
    Thanks
    Lorraine in Westbank, BC

Thanks
    I was not aware of that. I have noticed that my GFs computer sometimes has a login that it never had before as I use autologin. I am using a more locked down computer that is not (yet) screwed up by AU. It seems MS just does not want me to have control of my computer. I bought a Vista laptop and found I did not have GPedit, then bought a triplet of W7 PREMIUM and thought I was getting it. I went out and bought a W7 Ultimate that I allowed to 'upgrade' to WX, now they want to take away control again. And why? forcing one to keep entering a password just makes a short password (or noe, is that still an option?) more attractive and will result in a lessening of security. It seems to be a trend, I have two Android devices (and and Ipad) w/ fingerprint security but a reboot or a day without use (w/ the Andriod ones ) forces me to enter a password, totally dumb a&& IMHO.

That article seems a bit long for such a simple task, I guess I will be reading it, I have been telling GF to just reboot her computer and let the autologin work its magic.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wavy For This Useful Post:

PurpleRain63 (2016-11-29)

Thanks
    See: How To Automatically Login In Windows 10

But if you do this make sure you have a record of your password (such as in a notebook).
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Coochin For This Useful Post:

PurpleRain63 (2016-11-29)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks David and Coochin.

While I was waiting for notifications of replies - I found a very simple solution on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpDeuCoKHtM
    that didn't require editing the registry. It worked for me, although I had to find an alternative for disabling the lock screen on wakeup, which I found at settings> accounts> sign-in options.
    Lorraine in Westbank, BC

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleRain63 For This Useful Post:

Trev (2016-12-02)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRain63 View Post
    Thanks David and Coochin.

While I was waiting for notifications of replies - I found a very simple solution on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpDeuCoKHtM
    that didn't require editing the registry. It worked for me, although I had to find an alternative for disabling the lock screen on wakeup, which I found at settings> accounts> sign-in options.
    Oh I thought you were saying that did NOT work on the new Update.
    David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.