Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    One caveat with the latest Win10 Insider Preview, the Command Prompt and Command Prompt (Admin) on the right-click of the Start button have been replaced with the equivalent Windows PowerShell and Windows PowerShell (Admin). [Omen of the future?]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    One caveat with the latest Win10 Insider Preview, the Command Prompt and Command Prompt (Admin) on the right-click of the Start button have been replaced with the equivalent Windows PowerShell and Windows PowerShell (Admin). [Omen of the future?]
    Note that you can get the Command Prompt back on the right click menu via
    Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Turn off "Replace Command Prompt with Windows Powershell in the Menu when I right Click the Start Button or press Windows Key + X"

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks

Another Option

I've been using FreeFileSync for several years to synchronize similar but not identical directories. It has an easy to use interface and lets you sych based on filename and date/time, or full content of files (slower that way) and doesn't replace those that match. There is a checkbox during the install to avoid including an added junkware program.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How about XCOPY?

Quote Originally Posted by stmbtbob View Post
    I have an old music server (about 1 TB) with FLAC files. The company (Olive) is now out of business. I would like to copy all the files which I can access over my LAN to my NAS . However, errors can cause the transfer (copy) to crash or interrupt. Next copy attempt ends up with additional copies.

Any suggestions for copying files to my NAS without making duplicates? Have tried searching for solutions (Google, etc) without finding good alternative. Inexpensive alternative acceptable, don't need freeware although nice.
    Thanks
    Open a command window and type

XCOPY /?

To see the options. I've never had any trouble with XCOPY.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 984 Posts
    Robocopy is better than xcopy.

cheers, Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12