New Lounger
    Thanks

Sync'ing contacts (O98, Palm OS 3.5)

I decided to try to sync my Visor Prism with Outlook, but it just doesn't work well. First, the categories don't translate. The Palm categories show up in the Outlook contact in the AllFields tab, under PalmPilot Category, but the Outlook contact category is blank. I thought I had a document to tell me how to coordinate the categories, but I can't find it.
    Second, the data that is on the Details tab in the Outlook contact disappears when it goes to the Palm: birthday, anniversary, spouse, etc. The same info on the Palm contact disappears altogether.
    Other than putting all this data in the Note field, what can I do, if anything?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sync'ing contacts (O98, Palm OS 3.5)

I think your solution depends on the product you are using to synch. Some of them have a setup area that lets you map fields between Outlook and the PDA. You might look for an area like that. (Can't help much beyond this though. We determined that sych. was not reliable enough to be supported in our company and I haven't looked into it for almot a year now.)