New Lounger
    Thanks

MicroSD card error - Windows Phone can't proceed!

Greetings.

Recently I had a problem of sudden shutdowns of my Microsoft Lumia 640XL. The diagnostic message after restart is somewhat like "SD card corrupted", with a possibility to run a check. However, running the checking utility does not change situation at all, except a possibility for another shutdown and making all SD-based apps inaccessible.

I have run a check of SD on my computer; it seems perfect. Desiite that, I replace the "problem" MicroSD with a fresh one and re-install the most useful apps; the error continues. A hardware diagnostics reveals no problems with an SD slot or other hardware components; I suppose a Windows Phone problem. Which measures I can take to remove or just disclose a source of this problem?

Best regards.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,412 Times in 1,228 Posts
    Unfortunately, I have found through acquaintances or family members, that there seems to be no way to get Windows Phone past that phase. Even a factory restore hasn't been able to solve the issue, in my experience.

Windows Phone seems quite picky about SD cards and once it starts stating there are problems, I have never been able to recover from them.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    What brand of MicroSD card are you using?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows