Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm having a similar problem. The above reply didn't work for me. What'd you end up doing? Thanks
    Last edited by satrow; 2017-01-18 at 15:44. Reason: Removed URL

Thanks

Thumbs up Problem Solved

It was a bad installation of Kaspersky Internet Security.

In post #22 I said I was about ready to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security. Well I finally decided to try this after I noticed a Kaspersky Service for Anti-Virus that was disabled; and I got an access error message when I tried to start it manually (even running the services app in admin mode).

I did a complete uninstall of Kaspersky and started Windows Firewall and Windows Defender. A quick test with Firefox and it loaded the Cable Modem admin page within 3 seconds. I tested Palemoon and the results were the same.

A few minutes ago, I reinstalled Kaspersky on the Laptop from scratch. Firefox still loaded the Cable Modem admin page.

My conclusion is that when I upgraded from Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 to the 2017 version, without uninstalling the older version first, something went wrong on the Laptop, but did not go wrong on on my working computer. It is funny that all other websites visited on the Laptop worked just fine. That is why I did not suspect Kaspersky as the primary culprit.

I must give many thanks to all of you who gave me ideas of how to troubleshoot this problem. Your help is most appreciated.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    YAY!

Glad you figured it out.

I've had similar adventures with AV products and decided to go "vanilla" with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium v3 (on Windows 10). Way less complicated.

Rob

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 990 Posts
    I'd un/re-install on the good computer too.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Paul: I took your advice and un/re-installed Kaspersky 2017 on the working desktop computer. All went fine, I can still access the Cable Modem admin page.

I did notice that one of the Kaspersky network setup pages was different after the re-installation. So it was good that I took your suggestion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JC Zorkoff For This Useful Post:

LGHanley (2017-04-16)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123