4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Portrait Headers/Footers (WORD 97/2000)

Just looking for an opinion this time (since I am new to creating templates).

Firstly, is it possible to define a TEMPLATE so that landscaped pages display a portrait header automatically (I know we can do it by defining text boxes etc while writing the document) ?

Secondly, is a good or bad idea to have portrait header/footer on a landscaped page.

Thirdly, what is the 'standard' thing to do in such a case, i.e. have portrait header/footer on a landscaped page(s), landscape headers/footers or none at all? (I haven't had to worry about this this before).

Thanks in advance.
    Thanks.
    Robie

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Portrait Headers/Footers (WORD 97/2000)

Hi Robie,

I don't know if its a good or bad idea, or standard or not, but a lot of people aren't satisfied with the Word default (landscape headers/footers for landscape pages) and so use the portrait header/footer workaround.

It's impractical to try to hook into the portrait/landscape selection in the page setup dialog, to add some kind of routine to insert a portrait header/footer whenever the page orientation is landscape.

For the one template where I needed this, I created an "insert landscape page" macro which took care of everything - users were instructed to use this rather than the page setup dialog, when inserting landscape pages into this particular type of document.
    I think the code for that was posted here some time ago - could probably be found via a Search.

Gary