Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Corbett View Post
    Does this help? RJ11 Phone to RJ45 Jack
    Not really.

Thanks Browni - that was what I was wanting to see.

Is this an US thing as I've never seen those types of routers before - but there again, I'm with TalkTalk for my phone and FTTC broadband and only ever been.

Thanks
    You're welcome Sudo.

My picture is of a Thomson 780WL which was supplied to O2 Broadband customers in the UK, you can see why the different ports were colour coded!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Yes - even if someone can't read they should see the difference

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo View Post
    Is this an US thing as I've never seen those types of routers before - but there again, I'm with TalkTalk for my phone and FTTC broadband and only ever been.
    The home internet and home phone cellular devices have both been around for many years. It's only in the last year that I've seen both functions combined in one cellular device. Also, having Ethernet jacks on the home internet device is new - I don't believe I've ever seen that.

We had a rare internet outage in our area over the weekend, which lasted a few days. During the outage, I was looking into alternative ways to get home internet. I knew about the Verizon device, but one thing that is new with Verizon is that you can now get unlimited data for a flat fee each month. In my case, I would pay US$100 per month for unlimited service on my non-smart phone and my home internet device -- Verizon has never offered unlimited data before for home internet service.

Our internet service is back up, so we have decided to stay with the local phone company for our internet service, because it is a small company which provides excellent tech support. But if we were in an area which had Verizon 4G and no local internet provider, I would definitely go with Verizon home internet service.

Thanks
    Folks, the OP hasn't posted since 21st Jan when he/she seemed OK with a resolution, i.e "Everything now working well."

Has this thread now gone as off-topic as it can or should someone open a new one?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Corbett View Post
    Folks, the OP hasn't posted since 21st Jan when he/she seemed OK with a resolution, i.e "Everything now working well."

Has this thread now gone as off-topic as it can or should someone open a new one?
    Nah - I was just looking for clarification as to how someone could get those sockets mixed up which has now been answered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12