Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Image displays

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,164 Times in 1,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevmeist View Post
    I looked this morning for Penton support. There are a large number of hits returned with Penton "all over the place". I have no idea which is the correct one for who owns Windows Secrets.

This site seems to have gone downhill since Penton took over. If there is no editor (or at least not one who actually monitors contact with him/her) then by the time June rolls around, I will likely no longer subscribe.
    On the contact tab, it says customersupport@penton.com
    Joe

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

kevmeist (2017-03-24)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I looked this morning for Penton support. There are a large number of hits returned with Penton "all over the place". I have no idea which is the correct one for who owns Windows Secrets.

This site seems to have gone downhill since Penton took over. If there is no editor (or at least not one who actually monitors contact with him/her) then by the time June rolls around, I will likely no longer subscribe.
    Oddly enough, today's newsletter displayed OK (The Secret Life of Files). Maybe the formatting is down to which writer is doing the writing?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, did that. I'll update if I get any response (I'm not holding my breath).

Thanks,

K

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    On the contact tab, it says customersupport@penton.com

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yep, absolutely NOTHING from Penton support as of 3/28. The latest newsletter (How to Prepare Your Win10 PC for Disaster) came in today in wide format again.

This story from Michael Whitney. It seems that some authors are writing their articles in a different format to others.

However, with an absolute lack of response from anyone through either the website or Penton, come June my subscription will expire. It seems to me that this site has kinda gone downhill since Penton took over. Big shame.

Thanks
    It seems to me that this site has kinda gone downhill since Penton took over. Big shame.
    Do you mean the newsletter rather than this site?
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    I'll leave kevmeist to answer for himself, but my own view is that both have taken a hit. Certainly both are less useful without the Windows Secrets Column forum having each newsletter article listed for proper discussion. That alone gives the impression that neither the site nor the newsletter is being fully supported by Penton as they were under the previous management.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I mean the emailed newsletter. My screens are still the older 4*3 format (19") - Viewsonics about 10 years or so old now. I suspect that the writers (some of them maybe?) are writing/formatting on the "newer" wider screens and it carries over to the newsletter...but while my screens still work...why change them for this newsletter?

Couple that with absolutely NO SUPPORT from the editors or Penton.....

Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just read the latest newsletter (Get Your Computer Ready for the Windows 10 Creators Update) and it is formatted correctly. Susan Bradley is the lead article writer. Still leads me to reinforce my conclusion that different writes of the newsletters are formatting it differently.

Yes, I mean the emailed newsletter. My screens are still the older 4*3 format (19") - Viewsonics about 10 years or so old now. I suspect that the writers (some of them maybe?) are writing/formatting on the "newer" wider screens and it carries over to the newsletter...but while my screens still work...why change them for this newsletter?

Couple that with absolutely NO SUPPORT from the editors or Penton.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12