Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Image displays

New Lounger
    Thanks

Image displays

I have just looked at the latest e-mail newletter: What I Learned About Security at RSA 2017. Is it something with my system or do images fail to display both in the e-mail and the online versions?
    Regards

RayG

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had no problems with my email newsletter.

Peter

Thanks
    I had no problems either

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Whatever it was must have been fixed because that e-mail now appears correctly when opened.
    Regards

RayG

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had no problem with my Email newsletter, but a big problem with incorrect information in the first article, "What I Learned About Security at RSA 2017" by Michael Lasky. He writes:
    There’s just one problem with this assumption. Unlike the dozens and dozens of anti-malware/virus software companies which update their malware definitions 24/7, Microsoft offers its updates just once a month on its Patch Tuesday which means any Windows 10 is vulnerable to new malware for possibly a month in between. So installing third party anti-malware/virus software is probably still advisable.
    Virus and spyware updates for Windows Defender in Windows 10 come out as needed. If I look for them, I see new ones almost every day. If I wait until Windows Defender looks for updates itself, I see them every couple of days.

Lasky has confused virus definition updates for Windows Defender with Windows operating system updates, which are released only monthly.

Many users will read his article and think they must add a third party anti-malware application to Windows 10 to get daily signature-based protection. That's just not true.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    And the latest issue, 2017-02-23, in its Email incarnation, does not wrap lines correctly to the current window size, when read in Outlook 2016.

The lines do wrap correctly when read in the Web browser user interface of Gmail.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The newsletter I received today (2/28) is so wide that it covers almost 2 of my 19" LCD displays...why is that? This is NOT normal.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 1,000 Posts
    We have no control over the newsletter content or format. You should use the "Contact" tab at the top of the page to email the editor or penton support.
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevmeist View Post
    The newsletter I received today (2/28) is so wide that it covers almost 2 of my 19" LCD displays...why is that? This is NOT normal.
    I've seen a couple of post's about Outlook displaying the newsletter oddly but in Gmail it display's the way it always has.
    WS newsletter.JPG

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    We have no control over the newsletter content or format. You should use the "Contact" tab at the top of the page to email the editor or penton support.
    Just don't expect a reply! I'm not convinced there even is an editor these days. It's so sad to see how things have gone downhill.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Done.

Administrator
    Thanks
    If you don't get a reply from the editor contact Penton support.
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yep, did that THREE TIMES (contacting the editor).

Absolutely NO RESPONSE.

The newsletter (at least here) is still being formatted so that it doesn't wrap at the end of the line for the newsletter for the window size I have for opened mail (it has been fine for years now) when opened in Outlook 2013. This started happening about a month ago or so.

I have no idea of where to complain to Penton support about this. The newsletter is just too hard to read spread over several screens. One thing that Penton is good about (it seems) is notifying me about re-subscribing in June.

If they cannot fix the newsletter format, then I will not re-subscribe.

Last edited by kevmeist; 2017-03-22 at 04:43.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Try contacting Penton support instead of the editor and let them know you won't re-up if it isn't fixed.

I too have sent several emails to the editor without a response. Very frustrating.
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I looked this morning for Penton support. There are a large number of hits returned with Penton "all over the place". I have no idea which is the correct one for who owns Windows Secrets.

This site seems to have gone downhill since Penton took over. If there is no editor (or at least not one who actually monitors contact with him/her) then by the time June rolls around, I will likely no longer subscribe.

Try contacting Penton support instead of the editor and let them know you won't re-up if it isn't fixed.

I too have sent several emails to the editor without a response. Very frustrating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast