3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Code/SQL experts help..

I run this code from a button on a form.. When I run the code it gives me an error 'Run-Time error '3134' Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement.. Obviously the error deals with the INSERT INTO part of the SQL statement, but I checked the "SELECT" part of the SQL and it does pull the data I need.. So that part is correct.. Program is a string for the name of the table I want to insert the data into.. Appendtable is a string for the name of the table I want to select the data from... I even tried building the SQL as an append query and using that SQL but I got the same error.. Any thoughts? Thanks

Dim Program As String
    Dim AppendTable As String
    Program = pgmtbl
    AppendTable = Program & "Resolutiontbl"

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO " & Program & "SELECT " & AppendTable & ".[Voucher#]," & AppendTable & ".[First Name]," & AppendTable & ".[Last Name]," & AppendTable & ".[Appt#] FROM " & AppendTable & " [img]/w3timages/icons/clever.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/clever.gif[/img]

Thanks

Re: Code/SQL experts help..

Hi Gary,
    Firstly, unless pgmtbl is a variable, you need to change your code to read:
    Program = "pgmtbl"
    It's also unclear on my screen how you've ended the SQL statement - it looks like your code ends in & "
    It needs to end in ";" instead I think. I'd also check to make sure you've got a space before the SELECT statement (otherwise your string becomes 'INSERT INTO pgmtblSELECT' which might throw Access off track.
    Hope that helps!
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Code/SQL experts help..

Thanks Rory. It was getting late in the day when I posted that.. I was getting pretty tired.. I hope you've been well and thanks again..