5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Seems to be rounding incorrectly (97sr2)

I have a spreadsheet that isn't totalling correctly. For instance, when adding 475.000+3953.228+527.10, it is giving a total of 4955.32 when I select Currency or Accounting, 2 decimal places. It should be totaling it as 4955.33. I need to show it with 2 decimal places, so I would think it'd round .328 to .33, instead of .32.

Any ideas? Just to throw a monkey wrench, this seems to work fin on a co-workers PC (same set up as mine).

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Seems to be rounding incorrectly (97sr2)

Excel will keep the numbers as 15 digits, no matter how you format them for display. If you display your values to 15 digits, add those up and then round the result to 2 decimal places, you should get the same result that Excel is getting. There are a couple of things you can do to get around this:

1- If it will not cause you problems with other calculations, then you can select Options from the Tools menu. In the dialog box click on the Calculation tab. In that dialog box select Precision as displayed. Then Excel will round all values in the workbook to the number of decimal places that are displayed and things should then add up as you would expect.

2- You can use the Round function in the cells that contain the values being added to round them to the required precision before adding them.
    Legare Coleman