Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Today, I have found the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurup View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum

I have problems with security updates for XPsp3, but I only use manual update and I have first discovered the problem today. When I enable windows update, I get a message that IE8 is no longer supported and suggestions to update IE, which can not be done on XPsp3. Is there a coincidence with the forum's perceptions and what options might be the solution.

This is the same thing that I ran up against today when I decided to check for Windows updates on my XP Pro machine. I have been experimenting with the browser and settings without any success. Are any others having this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgabele View Post
    This is the same thing that I ran up against today when I decided to check for Windows updates on my XP Pro machine. I have been experimenting with the browser and settings without any success. Are any others having this problem? Any solutions?
    I am not 100% certain of this, but I think Microsoft has changed something so XP can no longer access the manual "Windows Update" (Windows Update Manager for NT) link in the Start Menu. As best I can tell, the only access options now available are the ones in "Automatic Updates" at the Control Panel. Selecting "Notify me but don't automatically download or install them" will cause notification and then you can choose "Custom" rather than "Express" in order to pick-and-choose, but I think the days of XP going to Windows Update in a browser have ended.
    Last edited by leejosepho; 2017-05-21 at 09:09.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12