New Lounger
    Thanks

2002 outside printable area (2002/sp1)

I've got a nagging problem that occurs intermittently on both pre-2002 and 2002 documents where users will get "the margins of section x are set outside the printable area". For a temporary fix, I have the user close word 2002 and reopen and it goes away. We've got HP laserjet 8100 dn's and they work fine and have the latest drivers from HP. However the same document will open and print fine with no margin errors in word 2000. If the word 2002 user happens to click the fix button, word 2002 will screw up their margins and make the left margin 2.67 inches. Their margins were perfectly acceptable as 1" for top, bottom, right and left. I've searched all over technet but no answers. HELP! I've got 100 users and its driving both them and me nuts. And my boss won't let me roll them back to office 2000. Thanks.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2002 outside printable area (2002/sp1)

Don't use the fix button.

Something is causing text to edtend into the margins.

A likely cause is a different style definition in Word 2002 than in Word 2000. Or the fonts might be different.

Thanks

Re: 2002 outside printable area (2002/sp1)

I think Word determines the minimum permissible margins from the drivers, but that's just a guess. Doesn't explain why it works some of the time...

Printer driver issues are tricky. Occasionally we find that rolling back to an earlier, compatible but less feature-rich driver solves mysterious problems with the newer drivers (e.g., drop back from 4050 to 4). Maybe this will work temporarily until you find the cause of the problem.