New Lounger
    Thanks

Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 in Windows 8, 64 bit . . .

Paint Shop Pro 9 scripts end with errors in Windows 8, 64 bit. I've done the scripts in XP Pro and Windows 7 to eliminate it's being a script problem. I've installed the plugin and msvcrt10 dlls in sysWOW64 to get the filters/plugins working; I've installed the only 3 updates ever offered. I have no idea how to find the problem, let alone fix it.
    Hoping someone in here can show me the way.

scripts seem to be ending on 'select-expand' functions and other select problems but not in loading selections. Help, please???

Laptop is an HP Pavillion

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    Paint Shop Pro 9 scripts end with errors in Windows 8, 64 bit. I've done the scripts in XP Pro and Windows 7 to eliminate it's being a script problem.
    What makes you think that doing the scripts in XP and 7 proves that it's not a script problem? 8 is a different environment than XP and 7; there are different rules for each of those environments. There is also the possibility of 32-bit vs 64-bit causing an issue.

Since you've tested it successfully in 7 and in XP, perhaps Compatibility Mode would resolve this for you. Not sure how to get to Compatibility Mode in 8, but you will probably right-click on the icon and choose Compatibility Mode; you will then choose the OS whose rules you want to be in effect for the running of this program. Try both 7 and XP.
    Last edited by mrjimphelps; 2017-04-19 at 15:35. Reason: Added the part about Compatibility Mode

New Lounger
    Thanks
    tried both modes with no different result, thank you