3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

What happened to PhotDraw?

I recently upgraded to Office XP, and PhotoDraw is gone. What happened to it? Has Microsoft abandoned this product? Will there be any problems if I reinstall it from my Office 2000 CD? Which release of Office 2000 should I use?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: What happened to PhotDraw?

PhotoDraw is no longer in development. You can safely install the copy from Office 2000. Use the latest version you have - PhDv2 is the last version shipped but the orginial Office 2000 included PhDv1

billeger

MaryJ is correct and it's good to get Version 2. The original PhotoDraw had a lot of insecurities that V2 fixed. If you intend using it much, find the Version 2 or upgrade online from MS if available.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm glad I didn't hold my breath waiting for the reply to my post of over a year ago! But thanks anyway. I have installed Photdraw version 2. My question now is, should I install any of the Office 2000 service packs? Do these update Photodraw? It's the only Office 2000 product I'm using, everything else is Office XP.

billeger

Office XP is also known as Office 2002. That's what I use with XP Professional
    for the operating system. As I understand it, there are a lot of periodic updates
    and, I think, you can also get the service packs -- but those SP changes may
    already be in your system. I do NOT know if PhotoDraw is being updated but
    it does work well with the rest of the Office XP apps so maybe there are some
    changes being made for compatibility, etc. You may want to explore MicroSoft
    Knowledge Base where you will get hard information. Are you having problems
    with PhotoDraw? I find it produces the smallest files for on-line use of any
    graphics program I have in my quiver but is not good for preparing art for print.

Aloha from Hawai`i