New Lounger
    Thanks

Linking cells to a totals sheet (2000 (sr1))

Hello,

Can someone please help me? I am a new poster here and a rookie using Excel.

Here

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Linking cells to a totals sheet (2000 (sr1))

I just tried following the steps you outlined on my XL2K, and it seems to work fine for me. Would it be possible for you to attach a copy of the workbook to a reply to this message?

One other thing to try before uploading the workbook. What do you get if you enter the formula below on the summary sheet:

<pre>=SUM('Qtr 4'!B12)
    </pre>

If you get 0, then that indicated that the value in cell B12 is type Text not Number.
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Legare for the response I will try to attach the book and maybe you can figure out what's going on. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the file had a bug before I brought into Office 2000 and it is not being detected. Don't know for sure just a thought for consideration. I am trying to attach the book, I hope it works!

Thanks again,
    Jan B.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Legare,

Well I think I just figured it out. On the Qtr 4 sheet there was an extra row (row 12 with no data) and when I deleted that row my totals sheet adjusted correctly. I knew it was probably something simple (or stupid on my part) and not looking at it for awhile and coming back to it I noticed this. Doh! Boy I know now that they write books for dummies (thank you woody & crew) just like me. At any rate it seems that was my problem.

I really do feel silly now, but I do want to thank you for your effort and response and am very greatful that all who frequent this lounge are so willing to help those of us in need.

Greatful thanks,
    Jan B.