2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Browsing CD Contents from Explorer

I have XP Pro set up on my computer at home. Using my login I can browse CDs like any other disk, but my sons account wont allow him to do the same. Using the folder view, if I click on the CDROM drive, the focus immediately changes back to the C: drive.

Its probably a setting he's inadvertantly changed ... but which one? Any ideas???

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Browsing CD Contents from Explorer

I'm not entirely clear on what is happening with your son's profile, so let me ask a few questions instead.

If you highlight My Computer in the left-hand pane of Explorer, and then double click on the CD icon on the right,does anything happen - anything different, or does it also show you the contents of the C: drive?

Also, is your son a standard user or an administrator? Try chaging his account type and see what happens. I'm not entirely impressed with the default user settings in XP. Something to try anyway.
    -Mark

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Browsing CD Contents from Explorer

Hi Mark,
    My son has an admin account, since he uses it most, and yes the highlight moves straight back to the C drive. I am not sure if his account has always had this failing because he tends not to browse the CDs, just install allowing an auto startup to occur.