New Lounger
    Thanks

Formula assistance (excel 97)

I am trying to produce a spread sheet that will give me some sensible figures relating to some stuff I am selling at auction. The formulas are a bit complicated for me and I would welcome any assistance or improvements anybody can offer. In this example I am buying a certain product as a bulk item and breaking it into individual auctions. I would like to be able to asatain whether I make a profit or loss on the goods as a hole without having to sell all the items so I would like a formula that will replace the value display when I have sold some of the items in one individual buy.The numbers down a1 are the individual buys. I would be very grateful for any assistance

Graham
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Formula assistance (excel 97)

John Walkenbach has a book on Excel Formulas.
    I have Excel 2002 Formulas, but I think theres also one for earlier versions.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I am not sure what you are asking. Are you trying to eliminate the #VALUE errors? If so, what do you want in G7 when F7 and/or D7 is not numeric? Zero? Blank? Something else? Same question for J5 when all of the items have not been sold? Zero? Blank? Sum for those that have been sold? Something else?
    Legare Coleman

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Without studying your formulas, I would suggest tthat in column D you use (this fow D7)

<big>=IF(E7<>"",IF(E7<15,E7*0.05,IF(E7<600,0.75+(E 7-15)*0.025,15.75)),0)</big>

i.e. replace "" with 0 (zero). If you wish you can turn off the display of zero values in Tools, Options.

Similarly for column F, replace the last "" with 0 (zero).

That should help with sorting out the #VALUE cell entries.

Andrew C