Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

FP2000 discussion forum

Hi,

I'm running a Front Page 2000 discussion forum (fairly quiet- hosted by Geocities) for a few months. It's fairly quiet, but a little bit of interest. It has worked OK, and has been stable.

Now, I (and others) are getting an error when posting a new message:

FrontPage Error.
    User: please report details to this site's webmaster.

Webmaster: please see the server's system log for more details

I know very little about Front Page. I spent about one hour creating the forum- and that's all I know.

Has anybody had this problem?

How do I view the "server's system log"?

TIA
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

Thanks

Re: FP2000 discussion forum

Our ISP (UK) provide us with a 'Control Panel' - password protected - which gives us access to the logs and an 'Explorer' interface allowing us to view exactly what is on the Web.
    (This is quite useful because FP does not always remove files that you have deleted locally.)
    I would suggest it is something you take up with whoever is hosting your site - presumably there will be logs created and they should allow you access to them. They are not normally accessible through Explorer or FTP apps.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Leif,

My ISP is geocities. I cannot find any info about how to solve problems, or where to find logs.

If it's just as easy, I may be better to move to another free server- one which supports FP2000 extensions.

That's the short term plan. In the longer term, I would hope to use wwwthreads. FP2000 discussion forum is quite primitive by comparison.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

Thanks

File/Publish Web gives you the option to search for Web Presence Providers - clicking on that then a few other options will take you to the Oz page.
    They are listed as 'partners' - so keep a tight grip on your cheque-book [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]