New Lounger
    Thanks

names of edit tools en Francais? (2000)

Hi, folks. Anybody bilingual French/English & accustomed to the French edition of Word 2k? I need to know the French names of some Word tools and menu commands.

I have a pen pal in Montpellier, FR who's using Word 2K over there, and I want to help her with her English homework. To do this, I want to use the Track Changes and Insert Comments features of Word 2K. I have only the English version.

Her understanding of English is pretty good, but I don't speak French and I don't know the words to use to explain what commands to use for Track Changes, Highlight Changes, Accept or Reject Changes, View > Reviewing toolbar, Insert Comment, and "click on comment."

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated by us both.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: names of edit tools en Francais? (2000)

You can also download the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/appndx/toolbox.htm>Office 2000 Command Translator</A> (Access2000 and Excel2000 required).
    It told me:
    <UL><LI>Track Changes = Suivi des modifications
    <LI>Highlight Changes = Afficher les modifications
    <LI>Insert Comment = Ins

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: names of edit tools en Francais? (2000)

Microsoft's translation glossaries were available from:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/msdn/newup/glossary/>ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/msdn/newup/glossary/</A>

Needed the en-fre one about half a year ago and found it very useful. Unfortunately, the en-fre glossary set didn't have a file for Excel.

Ingrid