New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Error Message

After using Word 2000 for over a year suddenly today when I attempt to print any document I get this message: "Compile Error in Hidden Module: EFunctions". I tried the repair menu option, tried deleting Office and re-installing but to no avail. Excel and Access have continued to print fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Word Error Message

Have you recently installed any new applications, that installed a toolbar or menu in Word? If so, the problem is probably coming from the new app.

Also, locate the Word startup folder, and see if there are any new global templates running (you can also view these via Tools/Templates and Add-Ins).

If you see anything odd-looking in there, it would also be a good idea to run your virus checker.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Jack,
    In addition to Gary's advice, you might also try
    1. With Word closed, rename normal.dot to abnormal.dot & restart Word. If the problem goes away, then either corruption of some macro running in normal.dot caused it. If it doesn't go away, then,
    2. Start Word from Start/Run & type winword.exe /a
    This starts Word without ANY add-ins & with a fresh normal.dot. This might help narrow down the problem.

Hope this helps.

dejackman

Jack,

I have the same problem that just appeared in the past week or so. On the off chance that we may have something in common I removed E-stamp and then installed Pitney-Bowes' Clickstamp. E-stamp had a link in my toolbars, which were removed, and Clickstamp added a link. Unfortunately, I didn't use Word between removing and adding applications. Are there any similiarities?

dejackman

Jack,

Gary was right and the culprit in my case was Estamp.dot which still existed even though I had uninstalled Estamp through the control panel's add/remove program interface.

Have a great year. (BTW, I'm still waiting for Microsoft to respond on this question.)