Star Lounger
    Thanks

Move/Copy Worksheets (2000)

Looking for suggestions. I regularly copy worksheets from multiple workbooks into a single new workbook for use temporarily. When done, I then copy the worksheets back to the end of the original workbooks, keeping the original worksheets. Hope this makes since. What I'm looking to do is automate the copy/move process. Currently I have to open both workbooks and then perform an Edit>Move or Copy function. Ideally, I would like to have a macro which would at least take me part of the way through the process. I was thinking of something where I could with a click or two select whether to move or copy the worksheet and then be prompted for the destination workbook. Hopefully this could be done without having to actually open the destination -- just have the worksheet placed at the end of the list of worksheets. Ideas, suggestions would be appreciated.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Move/Copy Worksheets (2000)

Try this. Open both workbooks side by side (Original and Temporary).

Place your mouse over the worksheet tab (ie worksheet name 'Sheet1' by default) in the Original workbook. Hold the left mouse button down. hold the Ctl key down (this will make a copy of the worksheet) and then drag and drop the worksheet to the bottom of your other Temporary workbook next to the existing worksheet tabs.

When your ready to move it back to the original workbook do the same steps but without holding down the Ctl key (this will Move it from the Temp workbook to the Original workbook). If the worksheet name already exist in the Original workbook, Excell will append a number to the end of the worksheet name which you can edit after its in the workbook.

Drag and drop between workbooks is much EZr than Edit > 'Move or Copy...' menu choice.

later,
    Bruce