New Lounger
    Thanks

Text Direction in Labels (Word 2000)

I am trying to make vertical labels and while it seems quite simple with the text direction option, whenever I change the direction of the text to vertical it changes the size of the label. I could... yes I could... modify each and every cell to the original size but I'm wondering if there isn't something else that can be done. ???

In case anyone wants to check this out for themselves, I'm currently using the Avery 8167 template.

TIA

Kori

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text Direction in Labels (Word 2000)

After rotating your text, select the table, go to Table Properties, Row tab and specify the row height as Exactly 0.5" -- I guess it must turn off that setting when you change direction. You might want to turn that label table into a template if it's something you do often.

Good luck,
    Christie

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text Direction in Labels (Word 2000)

Thank you Christie. Yes, that is what I ended up doing although I was hoping it was some sort of glitch on my system and that it actually worked as expected in the real world. Oh well. I guess it's nice to know had the one and only answer already although it makes for feeling a little silly for asking in the first place.

Kori