Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Rogue Task folder in pst

Somehow this morning a Task folder appeared in my pst while I was messing around. I already have a Task folder under "Outlook Today", but the new one in the pst cannot be deleted; how did I get the pst Task folder, and how do I get rid of it?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rogue Task folder in pst

do you have two showing in view > folder view? if so, are both named task and where is the second in relation to the first? (same level, a subfolder etc)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Folder Views, OL98 Corporate mode, W59 environment. I have three parent Folders:

"Outlook Today" the network folder
    "Personal Folders"; my PST
    "Public Folders"

In the first two parents there is a primary level Task folder, no other Task folders or Task sub-folders. All "Outlook Today" Folders have the little blue shortcut arrow. Picture attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

ok - for some reason outlook thinks the pst needs the default folders. normally, it only adds them to a pst if it's the delivery location but i've seen it happen for seemingly unknown reasons.

There are several ways to delete it if the pst is not the default message store, but the best way is apparently not working because outlook thinks the pst is the default message store.

Second best method is to install the old exchange client, open the pst with it and delete the folder. Another method is to use a mapi viewer utility and remove it from the bowels of the pst. See slipstick for a mapi viewer.

the "outlook today folder" is actually your exchange mailbox, set to use offline storage (blue arrows).