New Lounger
    Thanks

remove @home overlays? (Explorer 5.5)

Those of us in the Nashville TN area have been switched to comcast.net for internet service, with the demise of excite@home. Here's my question: Has anyone had any experience with deleting the overlays to Explorer that were installed by the @home service technician from his installation CD. These include: @home assistant; @home browser, @home components, @home network, and @home platform. My concern is removing these programs using ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in WIN98 will kill one or more necessary DLLs, but at the same time I don't want all this 2home clutter remaining on my PC. Has anyone been down this road already?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: remove @home overlays? (Explorer 5.5)

Well.....I answered my own question after getting confirmation from the comcast support group. I was/am running Explorer 5.5 on WIN98 with the @home overlays. I removed (using Add/Remove Programs) @home assistant, @home browser, @home components, @home network, and @home platform (which requires removing "Excite Toolbar") and reset Explorer 5.5 as my default browser. No problems but one -- due to a faulty update install of the @home software I had two copies of @home Assistant on the Add/Remove Program list. The first one deleted just fine. The second @home Assistant will not delete since it cannot find the file: C:Program Files@Home NetworkAssistantISUDelsIL4.isu.

Does anyone know what part of the registry triggers the Add/Remove Program list? Would it be: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftware@Home NetworkAssistantConfig This folder is still hung in my registry.