Thread: working copy

aramsey

working copy

We have ONE person who, whenever he tries to edit a word doc received in e-mail and then forward it on, his changes are not in the forwarded doc. what I have discovered is that when he opens the doc that instead of making a ~whatever.doc name as a working copy in his temp folder, it makes a copy of the doc with a shortened name of the doc.
    How do I make this stop so he can just modify the doc and forward the changes.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: working copy

I don't think you can. He (the user) is going to have to learn to save the attachment to his hard drive and then make the changes and then attach the NEW doc file to the forward. He can delete the old attachment or just add the new attachment and the forward would send BOTH copies.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Are you using routing or just sending the doc. Routing takes care of all the detail and then you just click File/send. We use it all the time.

The other option may be to use a shortcut to the document (if it is on the same network) so that it is the original (protected) document which is edited.
    David Grugeon
    Brisbane Australia

aramsey

Isn't there a setting somewhere that determines how a working copy is saved? I haven't been able to find one but it just seems that there would be a switch to flip to make his desktop work like everyone elses.