New Lounger
    Thanks

Auto-Archive Folder setting (2000 SR1a)

A change of file server location means I now have to change the AutoArchive file path in a host of Outlook folders. This is pretty tedious from the folder properties dialog, and I had hoped to do it programmatically. However, am I right in finding that there is no "archive folder" property for any object in the Outlook 2000 object model, and that therefore the archive folder settings cannot be reached through a VBA macro? Any ideas for a way to do this?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Auto-Archive Folder setting (2000 SR1a)

My books and chart of the Outlook object model don't make any reference to this. It's not in the profile either. But it is in the registry. (search for archive and it should show up under the key "default outlook profile"). Maybe - BIG maybe - you can set this up on one system and export the keys to import into the other systems.

Or maybe you're using mapped drive letters and you can change the log on assignments, so you don't have to mess with the registry?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

why use vba? use a logon script to change the registry.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Misunderstanding here, I think. Sorry I didn't make myself clear.

My problem concerns the archive folder path that is set for each individual mail folder. I use an extensive folder structure to organise my mail, and each folder is set to AutoArchive. The path to the archive.pst file can be found under the folder properties, and it appears to be persistent once "Clean out items

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

ok... i'm pretty sure those setting are stored as hidden messages with in the folders. VBa alone probably won't do it, since i don;'t think its exposed in the object model. MAPI may work, if the properties are writable (many are read only) and you'd need to know C++ . it wouldn't be worth the effort for a one time use.