New Lounger
    Thanks

Color Blind can't differentiate default colors

My boss is color blind and after years of Word 97 was just recently told that the spelling and grammar wavy underlines are two different colors. He could not see that spelling errors are red and grammar errors are green. Is there a way to customize this? Changing them to colors he can differentiate would be a great help.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Color Blind can't differentiate default colors

In Word 97 and Word 2000, these colors are hardcoded and cannot be changed. However, since the grammer check is essentially useless, just turn it off in Tools | Options | Spelling & Grammer, untick check grammer as you type.

In Word XP, you are supposed to be able to make a registry change to set the color, but I don't have XP yet, so I cannot confirm it (hopefully Monday I'll have XP installed) --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Sam
    I was just figuring with all the people that work for Microsoft one of them would be color blind and may have mention it when they where developing Office. But I suppose having a friendly paper clip assistant was more of a priority than correcting for a color blindness disability.
    -John

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, but now you can talk your boss into upgrading to XP: different colors and no ClipIt -- what a deal! --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>