4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printer settings (Access 97/SR2)

I have a report which is automatically sent to the printer at the press of a button on a form - it prints in bulk, so preview can't be used - and therefore I can't get to the print options.

I am trying to use the PrtDevMode (found in Access help & a few previous posts here) function to set the printer to duplex. However, the examples I've found seem a bit complex. The one in help first takes inputs from the user about page size, the sets page orientation. The one found in a previous post here goes into checking which printer device functions exist etc (I think?). The example on the microsoft site is also very complex. The printer i'm printing to definately has the duplex facility, it is the default printer of the pc it's running from, and it is the only setting I need to change.

Do I really need all of what is in the help files? Would somebody happen to have an example of a basic printer setting change, even if it's not duplex settings? (Is there such a thing as a basic printer setting change?).

Any help would be much appreciated.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printer settings (Access 97/SR2)

Can you get your hands on a copy of Access 97 Developer's Handbook by Ken Getz? It has a thorough explanation of the Printer settings.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Jack MacDonald
    Vancouver, Canada

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printer settings (Access 97/SR2)

Thanks for the reference Jack - I'll have a look round for that.