soapytwo

header.htm in Outlook 2002

Hi: Since I installed XP PRO, whenever I send emails from Outlook 2002, there is what appears to be an attached file called header.htm. Now, I did not send this file, it just appeared in the email that I sent.

when the receiver of the email opens the file, it is empty. A scan was done on the file and it said the file was ok and not some sort of virus.

I did a search on my hard drive to see if I had this file. I don't. So, I have no idea where it is coming from. This never happened before with WIN98, but it is happening all the time with XP.

Any ideas? this is a complete mystery to me, especially since the file is not on my hard drive!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: header.htm in Outlook 2002

Did you upgrade to XP Pro after previously using another OS with Outlook, when everything ran fine? Or is this a clean installation of both Windows and Office XP?

Does everyone you send email to get the same thing? OL2002 sends email in HTML format by default, and that's what that sounds like to me - the header of the email message. Send yourself a test message and see if you get the same thing. Send it to a few other people and let them know what you are doing.

Also, change the format of the message to the recipient who reported this problem initially to Plain Text and see if the "attachment" that isn't still appears with the message.
    -Mark

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

i believe you are using word as the editor and have a header set up for the templete.

soapytwo

Hi:
    Yes. i am using word as the editor, however, i did not setup any special header template. Are you saying that Word automatically set up a header?
    If so, how can i get rid of it?

soapytwo

This is a clean install, even deleted then re-installed the partition.

Not sure if everyone is getting it. Two people told me about it, but others may either ignore it, or not even realize its there.

But i will try your suggestions. Will let you know how it turns out. thanks!