New Lounger
    Thanks

Ghost Image with Colour LaserJet 4550n

We have two HP Color LaserJet 4550n printers bought around 7 months ago . We have a problem regarding these printers that is taxing the patience of my fellow support technicians and myself. Perhaps someone out there can help.

The problem involves faint double images. When printing documents or photographs, the output is fine. However, one of our users created a PowerPoint presentation and we found that a faint image from the right hand side of the page was being generated on the left hand side. Needless to say, this ghost image wasn
    Attached Files Attached Files

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ghost Image with Colour LaserJet 4550n

HP seem to be admitting that this is a design flaw. You might consider returning the printers to the vendor and rejecting them as not fit for the purpose for which they were sold (assuming that consumer legislation gives you this protection where you are, as it does in the UK).
    We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ghost Image with Colour LaserJet 4550n

No replies received from loungers but, if anyone's interested, we finally got some feedback from HP. Their suggestion? Choose another background colour!

It's appears to be (pardon the pun), an artefact of the way the printer produces images and the colour gamut the machine uses. Some colours show the problem more than others and our corporate blue is up there with the worst offenders.

They tell me that the problem is not as apparent on HP 9000 series, but as these machines are still barely a year old, it's a hard sell to the owner!