Thread: Priinting

New Lounger
    Thanks

Priinting

I have Windows ME running. It has a few gllitches which I have just been trying to ignore or work around. (The kind of user Microsoft likes.) One is that if I have been using the computer for a while, or leaving it on for any length of time, and then try to print anything, it won't print. I have to reboot and then it will print okay. The problem is sometimes I am ordering things on the net and if I reboot, I lose the invoice. This has been always been a problem for me. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Kathy

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Priinting

It is either a printer or print driver problem.
    Tell us more about your printer and what driver you are using.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

It is a HP Deskjet 648c. It came bundled with my computer. I am sorry but have no idea what driver I am using and don't know how to find out. This problem has been here since Day 1.
    Kathy

Star Lounger
    Thanks

You could try to download the latest driver for your printer from the HP website. This can fix problems. Also you might want to experiment with the port settings in the BIOS for the parallet port - unless it's a USB connection that is.

I've just fixed a problem with a Brother HL1030 by changing the Port setting from EPP back to normal.