New Lounger
    Thanks

changing the system font?

after installing the full version of acrobat 4 today, it found a corrupted font it didn't like and GPF'd on every launch. adobe's repair routine attempted to simplify the problem by leaving *one* font in the Fonts folder - 5 point Times Roman. a last resort reinstall of the O/S fixed most of the problems, but the tiny text continues to appear on system menus, on tabs and in dialog boxes. grrrrrr. anyone know how/where i can change that?

- kestrel
    painting landscapes on the heads of pins to unwind. [img]/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks

Re: changing the system font?

At a guess you are using W98, try this:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/archive/l0611/38l11/38l11.asp>Restore System Fonts</A> at SmartComputing.

New Lounger
    Thanks

thanks for checking that out, leif. i should've mentioned that i restored the default fonts twice already, using microsoft's slightly more comprehensive <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q234749> approach</A>. i also re-worked the substitute font list in win.ini, fiddled with a couple of font utilities, ran fontreg, removed all but the default fonts from my HDD, lit smelly candles, became one with the KnowledgeBase and performed a ritual raindance.

still they live.

- k.

Thanks

I never could get the incense to work, either.

Did you ever try:
    Desktop > Properties > Appearance ?
    (Can't understand why the Rainy Day scheme didn't kick in after your raindance, though)