New Lounger
    Thanks

symbols print differently (Word 2000)

I know this has been discussed long ago on earlier versions of Word, and I apologize if my searching has simply overlooked it in the archives.

Using Word 2000 in Windows 2000, I can go through Insert, Symbol and put an arrow from Wingdings in my document. When I print it to a LaserJet 4050N through a network connection, the arrow prints as a Greek character.

Please take pity on me in my absent-mindedness and remind me of the "Woody-approved" solution to this problem.

Thanks!

Kent

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: symbols print differently (Word 2000)

Check the Printer Driver, both on your local machine and on the printer server. It may be the wrong version.

I used to run into problems like that printing from a Windows 2000 machine on an NT 4 network.

Thanks

Re: symbols print differently (Word 2000)

If this affects all Wingdings, there might be either (1) an illogical font substitution, or (2) a "do not download fonts" setting somewhere. In Windows 2000, there is a "Device Settings" tab in the printer's Properties dialog that indicates whether to substitute and the maximum size to download. My Win98 memory is too fuzzy to be useful.