New Lounger
    Thanks

Transferring Prefernces Between Computers (2000 SR-1)

Hi,

In a few days I wll be moving my working files from a Dell 2500 with WME to a Dell desktop with W2K. The last time I did something like this I created new prefernces, dictionaries, etc. This time I want to skip the extra work. Here are the 'files' I'd like to transfer:
    1. Outlook 2000 spelling dictionary, email rules

2. Word 2000 dictionary, Auto Correct, hyperlinks between files

3. IE 5.5 Favorites, Links.

Would someone tell me which files I need to carry over? All I know at this point is .pst files for Outlook (which don't have the email rules or spelling dicitonary).

Thanks,
    Gregory

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Transferring Prefernces Between Computers (2000 SR-1)

Use <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/two/45t3.htm>Microsoft Office Profile Wizard</A>

It is a part of <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/appndx/toolbox.htm>Microsoft Office Resource Kit Toolbox</A>. Locate and download "Office Resource Kit core tool set