New Lounger
    Thanks

Tools...Options Settings (2000)

My company is just moving to Office 2000, and I'm preparing a new prep image. However, there are a few new options that I didn't have in 97 and I'm unsure what the proper settings are.

1) On the General tab, I'm not sure what to put in the Web Options settings (if anything). Also, it seems as if the email options only apply if you're using Word as the email editor. Is this correct?

2) On the Edit tab, Microsoft Word is listed as the default Picture Editor. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to changing it to Photo Editor?

3) This one isn't new, but I've never known what path to put for User Options on the File Locations tab. Where are those stored by default?

If anyone has any wisdom to impart on these issues, I would be most appreciative!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tools...Options Settings (2000)

Hi Lael:
    I'll try to answer some of the questions.
    <hr>1) On the General tab, I'm not sure what to put in the Web Options settings (if anything). Also, it seems as if the email options only apply if you're using Word as the email editor. Is this correct?<hr>
    I can only tell you what I've put in, but not whether it's best. There are several tabs under Web options:
    Under general, disable features not supported by the browser that you're using. Otherwise, leave it unticked. I've ticked CSS formatting, although I've forgotten what type of style sheet the "C" stands for.

On the "files" tab, they are pretty self evident. It depends upon whether you want to use MS Office, Word, or another product. I've ticked all the boxes.

Under "Pictures", I ticked both boxes & make sure it matches your screen resolution. Can't advise you as to the "Encoding" tab (but my "save" is as Western European).

Fonts depend upon what you want as a default. I can't tell you about the email options, as I still use Netscape.

<hr>2) On the Edit tab, Microsoft Word is listed as the default Picture Editor. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to changing it to Photo Editor?<hr>
    I have mine as Photo Editor, not that there can't be better options. I just didn't know of any.

<hr>3) This one isn't new, but I've never known what path to put for User Options on the File Locations tab. Where are those stored by default?
    <hr>
    Don't put anything--it's worthless. In Word 6 & prior, you put in the path to winword.opt--options are now contained in the Data key in the registry. For a full page explanation, which says the same thing, find the Knowledge Base article Q191940.

Cheers,