Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    5 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Vancouver, Br. Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Security problem driving me crazy (97 SR-1)

    Hi All

    the application has tables named tblPalmUserSubscriptions in the frontend and backend. Owner of both tables is Admin. Permissions set wide-open for all users. I can browse either frontend or backend table by double-clicking in the Database Window. But the following code returns Error 3112 - No Read permissions.

    Sub test()
    Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
    Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("tblPalmUserSubscriptions" , , dbOpenDynaset)
    End Sub


    I can replace the tablename with any of the three tables in the backend and get the same result. Try the same experiment with linked tables from other backend databases, and they work properly.

    I have triple-checked the permission, rebuilt the tables and database numerous times, checked and changed ownership of the database and objects. At one point, I tried to rename the table and was warned that I didn't have sufficient permission, yet 10 seconds later I was able to alter the database design.

    What am I overlooking?

    Any help gratefully accepted.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Jack MacDonald
    Vancouver, Canada

  2. #2
    Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Fredensborg, Denmark
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Security problem driving me crazy (97 SR-1)

    You have misplaced dbOpenDynaset in your OpenRecordset stmt. It should be the 2nd parameter. dbOpenDynaset is a constant with a value of 2, which is also the value of dbDenyRead. Hence, no read permission.

  3. #3
    5 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Vancouver, Br. Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Security problem driving me crazy (97 SR-1)

    Thanks for the tip -- getting it correct did not fix the problem. Deleting the frontend links and rebuilding them got it working properly. Copy the frontend from one computer to another, and the links needed to be rebuilt. Strange...
    --------------------------------------------------
    Jack MacDonald
    Vancouver, Canada

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •