New Lounger
    Thanks

Send to a Friend Form (2000)

Any suggestions for a solution...I'm creating an html newsletter using FP. I would like to add a
    "Forward the newsletter to a friend" button on the page. My plan was to add a button to the
    newsletter linking to a form on the website, having the subscriber fill in the form and submit it
    which will send it to the friend.

However, I can't find how to create the form on my web site that when I click submit it goes
    to the friend's address which was put in a form box.

Anyone out there know how to do this?

Thanks, Kate

Thanks

Re: Send to a Friend Form (2000)

Can you clarify:

Is the newsletter a web page, or do you mean you are creating it in FP but are emailing it?

Are you wanting to forward the newsletter itself, or just a 'notification' email to the friend which will include a link to the web page?

If you have a web page, and you want to 'auto-create' an email pre-filled in with Subject and Body, that should be achievable with a button, but will use your own email client to do it.

Or do you want a form where the user simply fills in a field with the friend's email address and clicks a button? - an 'invisible' process then sends the email from the server?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,

I'm creating it in FP, copying the html into Outlook and emailing it.
    I would like to forward the email itself.
    The form on FP is the problem, it wants me to put one email address for the form to be sent to.
    I want a form where the user fills in a field with the firend's email address and clicks a button and yes, a process that sends the email from the server...Can I do it?
    Kate

Thanks

Kate, I'm afraid I'm still not 100% sure of what you want to do!
    Am I right in this:

1] You create a newsletter email which is sent to John
    2] John thinks Bob would like to receive the same newsletter.
    3] John clicks on a link in the email which takes him to a web-page where he can fill in Bob's email address in a form.
    4] Bob receives his own copy of the newsletter.

I suspect that you are going to need a custom CGI script to achieve this. Basic FP Form output options are limited to saving the information to a text or html file and optionally forwarding the info to a pre-set email address (although I'm sure it would be possible to grab one of the fields to use as the email address).

Otherwise, you could use mail server software to manipulate the form results and send a copy of the email to the required recipient.

I'm assuming you do not want the obvious method of allowing John to click on his 'Forward' button? This of course ends up with the 'Original message' header being inserted at the top of the original mail, plus the Subject gaining the FW: prefix.