New Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar - Events changed to Appts (Outlook 2000)

Maybe I've done something really dumb...
    One day last week, I found that my task pad columns had changed (absolutely positive I did not do it), and also noticed that I could no longer create an event for the calendar that shows up as a banner. I was able to redo my user settings for the task pad, but can't figure out how to fix the calendar: 1) When I "create an event", even with "all day event" checked so no time is entered, the entry shows up on the calendar as an appointment at 12:00 am, rather than in a banner. 2) All my holidays have changed to one-time only "recurring" appointments (example: Groundhog Day now says "occurs every February 2 effective 2/2/2002 until 2/2/2002"). So I've also lost all holidays beyond 2002.
    I don't remember changing any Outlook settings at all when this happened. The only change I had made to the computer was to upgrade ZoneAlarm - don't recall if it was immediately before this happened, but it was within a day. I checked ZA support site but found nothing even remotely similar.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar - Events changed to Appts (Outlook 2000)

which view are you seeing this in? a table view or when you open the appt? (start and end times of 12 are normal for all day appt in table view if you show times)

did you change your time zone recently? i don't lose banners, but they span days and have clock icons added to the banner.

holidays added by outlook are not added as reoccuring - so groundhog day is as it should be. importing/exporting can also screw up reoccuring appts.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I am seeing the 12:00 am time instead of a banner on the 7-day and 30-day calendar views. When I open the appointment, the times do not show at all unless I un-check "all-day event". This only happened last week - I have made no changes in time zone, daylight savings, etc. I have not imported or exported anything in outlook. I'm going to try to be a little more specific, in the hopes it may help:
    I used to be able to get a banner-style entry on the calendar for all-day events that have no specific time. I could get a one-day banner or a banner that spanned multiple days.
    This is what's happening now:
    1) I created a 1-day event ("Vacation Day") starting 5/1 and ending 5/1 with "all-day-event" checked. After saving the event, my calendar (30-day view) shows one (no banner) entry on 5/1 that says "12:00 am Vacation Day".

2) I created a 3-day event ("Test Event") starting 5/6 and ending 5/8 with "all-day-event" checked. After saving the event, my 30-day view calendar shows one (no banner) entry on 5/6 that says "12:00 am Test Event" and no entries at all on either 5/7 or 5/8. (I used to get a banner spanning the 3 days for this type of entry.) I opened the event again to double-check: it does say starting date = 5/6 and ending date = 5/8.

I then re-opened the event and clicked to get the recurrence page. It says "Start = 12:00 am / End = 12:00 am / Duration = 3 days /Recurrence = Weekly - Mondays - No End Date.
    If I click OK to save this recurrence, I get a 3-day banner - but I get it every Monday from here to eternity.
    If I change the recurrence to "End after 1 occurence", I get the 3-day banner as it should be. (This works, but it is an extra step that I have never had to do before).
    If I remove the recurrence, I'm right back where I started (12:00 am appointment on the first day only).

I'm glad to know the holidays are ok - can you tell me how to get next year's holidays?
    I appreciate your efforts - any other thoughts?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Solved?
    I just discovered that when using the View | Current View | "Day/Week/Month with Auto-Preview", the banners appear as they should. If I switch back to "Day/Week/Month" (no auto-preview), the banners are gone.
    Is that as it should be?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

no - but it's a good clue. go to view | current View | define Views and select the Day/Week/month view and hit reset.

New Lounger
    Thanks

You are a genius! That did it. Thank you very much!