CityTim

Can change default Task list?

Is there any way to change the task folder used as the task list for both the TaskPad in the Calendar and the tasks listed in Outlook Today? As far as I can tell both always use the folder named Task. But I have a couple of different task folders, and I want the default to be another one.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can change default Task list?

no, only outlook's default one is used in calendar and outlook today and reminders only fire from the default folders.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

PS have you considered using catagories and one task folder? use views to help manage them

CityTim

I use two folders because one is local to my machine at home(Tasks), and one is Shared with a machine at work (call it, say, TasksWork). But it is TasksWork that I want as default for TaskPad and Outlook Today (and for reminders, too, as you pointed out). I'm already using Categories heavily in both.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

is the shared one shared using netfolders or exchange server public folders?

you can switch the contents if it's not a public folder. break the share and reshare after you switch.

CityTim

Thanks. It's shared via Net Folders. I'll do as you suggest. Actually, I'll just share the Task folder between both machines.
    I wish that there were ways to change default folders in Outlook in general. Another example: when you add an email address using the context menu command Add to Contacts, it always goes in your Contacts folder. There is no way to so easily add to another contact folder. Just whining a little.
    Thanks for your help.