New Lounger
    Thanks

Attachment Problem (OE 6.0.26)

Ok, this is really frustrating me and I cannot figure out the problem.

I am on a board for a nonprofit organization that takes up some of my freetime. Well I get emails all day asking for this or that, and some of the time I need to respond with an attachment. Here is where it gets tricky.

I was sending using the nonprofit's smtp server to send out the mail, with no problems. Well they got blacklisted in some ORDB list. Anyways they had to cut off my ability to use their smtp server. At the same time I had to change smtp servers, whenever I sent out email with attachments, it would not receive correctly.

Here is what would happen, the email would be received as a text file. No body, that was included in the text file, along with the attachment, although the attachment was unreadable (a bunch of chars).

Now when I send out the exact same email through Outlook with my work email, I have no problems. I only have the problems with Outlook Express, although I use the same SMTP server for Outlook and OE.

Any solution to this would be greatly appreciated. I am attaching what the file looks like on receipt, maybe that could help.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Attachment Problem (OE 6.0.26)

No attachment?
    Beryl M

New Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know why the attachment did not come through, here it is again.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

something is screwing up, possibly on the smtp server, that is causing the receiving clients to not decode the message properly. this is either something as simple as an extra space in the header or the message encoding. the encoding *looks* ok at first glance.

does everyone get the attachment or just some users? if it's on all, then it's your server that is getting confused by outlook express.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, it is all that are not getting it from Outlook Express, but if I send it Outlook, the attachment is just fine.

Is there some sort of setting that will allow me to send or am I just out of luck because of my work SMTP server?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

it's not a setting in express, the server is doing something. do you have a yahoo account? you can set it up as pop and test sending the doc from express using the yahoo server. if it goes correctly, you know it's your work server for sure.